Monday, October 06, 2008

Size Zero
I guess most of you know by now what this term means; Size 0 is a woman's clothing size in the US Catalog Sizes system, believed to be equivalent to a UK size 4 or a Europe size 30. It is also a concept within the fashion media relating to models with low body mass. (Courtesy: Wikipedia). Actually it should be relating to models with ABSOLUTELY NO body mass. The models in the fashion industry nowadays are so thin that they can even take bath in a fountain pen. This concept has reached Indian models and actresses as well.

Yesterday I saw an article on a website which said Mallika Sherawat has shed some weight. Then only I realized that she can shed weight also(pun intended!!). Kareena Kapoor has lost so much weight that only Kareena is there and Kapoor isn't. We have to look at her twice to catch one glimpse of her. May be a double role in her movie will make us see her fully. I heard these actresses are using wrist bands as belts and they are disappearing if they turn sideways.

Obesity is an EXPANDING problem and my tummy makes me slightly (??) obese. But there are really obese people in my office for whom, if you take a photograph you have to write PTO on it as it would continue on the other side as well. If they go to a zoo, the elephants there would give them bananas and make fun of them. Even though I was not that fat, I was slowing proceeding towards that. I wanted to be on a diet and go to gym as any common man would think. I asked a dietician for advice. He asked me to cut down on only 2 things... SOLIDS & LIQUIDS. I think he wanted me to have Size zero but I would include a 5 before that zero. Being a food fanatic, I simply cannot accept that and decided to cut down on fatty items like egg and mutton. I was not so fond of eggs, the last one I saw was on my Maths exam answer paper but I love mutton. Some 2 years back when I sit to eat, there will be more number of mutton on my plate than the number of the button on my shirt. To cut it short, I was the perfect example of the saying "TASTE MAKES WAIST".

The next step is working out in GYM. I am that kind of a person who never even cross a Gym on my way to office. Now I had to go inside and work out. When I went there and had a look at others who were working out my mind was telling me that I m not these kinds. There was a guy whose body was perfectly built like a huge mall and the steps in the mall were on his tummy. I have heard of 6 pack abs but that was 8 pack. I was standing there with only one pack on my tummy - the FAMILY PACK. Then came a guy to talk to me and understand my requirements. He asked me to wear loose clothes when I come there for working out. I was telling myself that if I had loose clothes why should I come for working out. Being a very lazy person, I have decided not to go to Gym but try to reduce my tummy through dieting only.

I find it so difficult to diet or work out. I dont know how these models and actresses are living with only juices and salads and working out drastically. I feel they are becoming more weak than presentable on the ramp. If it continue to be like this one day we will have models who when they step on a weighing scale, the pointer would move the opposite side . We would like to see the models and actresses on the screen and not their skeletons.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice..
i dont like actress with low weight..my all time favourite is kushboo and present is namitha..few months back i was a die hard fan of jo..but now i hate her for two reason..one she is married and another she lost weight..hahahahaha..

Pilani Pictures said...

LoL :) :) :)

Good to see you in tune...

[but take care of the ending da..the middle can sag..but not the start and the end]

Muthuvel said...

Dei, Good one! Still in some places I can see evidences of your painfully translating Tamil jokes to English:(

SubSun said...

Praveen....I tried to read ur blog header which in tamil & literally read as "Seereethai (cheetah) vaal (tail) vendum (needed)" heheh later i tried to read it again letter n letter & read it correctly ..

Siva Chidambaram said...

i would not rank this as one of your best...